10 reasons to attend a tech conference
Attending a conference is quite a big investment: travel, accommodation, event ticket, eating, drinking, pocket money. All the time you are not working for clients, thus – not billable. So why even bother?
Number 7 might surprise you!
So, why attend a tech conference? What do you get in return?
- Discover relevant products, services, and software.
- Lots of goodies like stickers, t-shirts and job opportunities.
- Meet GitHub usernames/avatars in real life, and get to know the community.
- Team-building, your colleagues might surprise you in weird ways.
- Insight into the current state of your working field. You might learn a thing or two.
- Attending useful workshops will improve your skills.
- Our homemade deep-fried Mars bars are better than the real thing.
- The code sprint gives a deep understanding of the product.
- Learn about cultures and diversity.
- A lot of fun 🍻