Living Statues Sprint 2010: The Results
We had a great time working on Deco, Tiles and Block and closed a total of 41(!) tickets!
From wednesday until sunday we worked on Deco, Tiles and Blocks. We created a lot of tickets in Trac in advance to get an overview of what should be done. The complete list can be found on plone.org. All the tickets were converted to post-it's.
A short summary of some of the tasks which have been done:
- Create functional field tiles, which are a mapping of content type fields
- Create a default layout which is used by all views using blocks (the current setup doesn't need the main template anymore!)
- Create a new design for the Deco UI toolbar
- Convert all the settings to use the new functionality of plone.app.registry
- Improve testcoverage of plone.app.standardtiles (now at around 80%-90%)
- Create a global undo manager
- Create an automated testsetup using Hudson
- Convert all the current viewlets/portlets to tiles, including related items, language selector, lock info, keywords, documentbyline, workflow history, rss, login, calendar and many more
- Create the attachment tile
- Create content listing tile
- Create comments tile
The goal for the end of the sprint was to create a fully functional website using Deco, Tiles and Blocks. At the end of the sprint on sunday at 22:00 the website http://decobrewery.com went live being the first ever website using Deco, Tiles and Blocks!
I have created video's of some of the new functionality which has been created:
Content and media
We have created a flickr set of the pictures which have been created during the sprint.
I would like to thank everyone who participated in the sprint and hope to see you all next year at the Living Statues Sprint 2011!